Write a six (6) to ten (10) page paper (excludes cover and reference page) that examines culturally sensitive nursing care.
Using APA format, write a six (6) to ten (10) page paper (excludes cover and reference page) that examines culturally sensitive nursing care. The paper consists of two (2) parts and must be submitted by the close of week six (6).
A minimum of three (3) current professional references must be provided. Current references include professional publications and valid websites dated within five (5) years. Additionally, a textbook that is no more than one (1) edition old may be used.
Part 1 – Introduction
Address the following:
- Using your own words, define culturally competent nursing care. Support your definition with a professional literature citation.
- Identify four (4) guidelines the registered professional nurse may use to enhance the ability to provide culturally competent nursing care. Provide one example the culturally competent nurse applies to each of the four (4) selected guidelines. At least one example must address care of patient(s) not occurring in an acute care hospital.
- Describe how the registered professional nurse evaluates if the patient’s cultural needs have been met.
- Describe whether cultural practices must be accommodated in all aspects of health care. Provide a specific example and rationale to support your response.
Part 2- Demonstrating Culturally Competent Nursing Care
Address the following:
- Select one of the following cultures and focus on the direct caregiving role of the RN at the bedside:
- Native American
- Select four (4) cultural features, associated with the selected culture that influence the provision of nursing care for patients with chronic illness and at the end of their lives. Describe how the four (4) cultural features influence the provision of care to the patients. At least one (1) feature must address chronic illness and at least one (1) feature must address end of life care.
- Provide a total of four (4) nursing interventions that demonstrate nursing care, which reflect the respect for the dignity and uniqueness of those cultural features for patients experiencing chronic illness (2 interventions) and at the end of their lives (2 interventions).
Compose your work using a word processor (or other software as appropriate) and save it frequently to your computer. Use a 12 font size, double space your work and use APA format for citations, references, and overall format.
- Applied Sciences homework help
The post Write a six (6) to ten (10) page paper (excludes cover and reference page) that examines culturally sensitive nursing care. appeared first on NURSING HOMEWORKS.