The purpose of this assignment is for the student to learn to assimilate, analyze, critique, and summarize an original research article. Student is to select an article from a list located in the Week 6 Research Review folder in Doc Sharing. There is a choice of articles from which you must choose ONE to complete this assignment.
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the ability to meet the following course outcomes:
CO1: Examine the sources of evidence that contribute to professional nursing practice. (PO #7)
CO2: Apply research principles to the interpretation of the content of published research studies. (POs #4 and 8)
CO4: Evaluate published nursing research for credibility and lab significance related to evidence-based practice. (POs #4 and 8)
CO5: Recognize the role of research findings in evidence-based practice. (POs #7 and 8)
The assignment is worth a total of 200 points.
You are to submit your paper to the Week 6 Research Article Review Dropbox by Sunday 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 6.
Through this assignment, the student will:
1. Critique a peer-reviewed study, indicating the research question, sample, design of study, data collection method, findings, and limitations of each (CO 2, CO 4,)
2. Summarize the research article and evaluate the significance to nursing. (CO 3).
PREPARING THE PAPER
1. The Week 6 Research Article Paper folder in Doc Sharing lists articles from which you are to select ONE to analyze.
2. Retrieve the full-text version of the article from the library. Read it thoroughly.
3. Write a brief introduction to your paper, however do not label it as an ?Introduction? in accordance with the rules of APA scholarly writing.
4. State the research question for this study in a paragraph.
5. Describe the research design of this study.
6. Explain how the sample was selected and include the number of participants. Make a judgment as to whether the sample size was adequate, and defend your answer why or why not.
7. Describe the data collection method(s) including who collected data, what tools were used, and other pertinent information.
8. Identify the limitations of the study, and describe how the limitations could be overcome in subsequent studies.
9. Describe the findings reported in the study. What is the answer to the research question based on these findings? If the study fails to answer the research question, what do you believe is the reason?
10. Summarize the article. Based on these findings, is the evidence that you found on your topic strong enough to suggest a change in practice, or an idea for practice? Please provide the rationale for your answer.
11. List your references, formatted in APA style, On the References page. Guidelines and a sample paper on APA may be found under Course Home in the Course Resources link. Follow the guidelines for writing professional papers using APA formatting as described in the 6th edition of the manual.
Category Points % Description
The post The purpose of this assignment is for the student to learn to assimilate, analyze, critique, and summarize an original research article. Student is to select an article from a list located in the Week 6 Research Review folder in Doc Sharing. There is a choice of articles from which you must choose ONE to complete this assignment. COURSE OUTCOMES appeared first on NURSING HOMEWORKS.