The purpose of this application is to provide the student an opportunity to interview an Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) leader about competencies necessary for APN role development.
Through this assignment, the student will demonstrate the ability to:
CO 2: Integrate interprofessional collaboration and innovative communication to support and promote the teaching-coaching function of advanced practice nursing (PO 3).
CO3: Assimilate primary care competencies into APN/specialty nurse practitioner practice that exemplify professional values, scholarship, service, and culturally competent global awareness and support ongoing professional and personal development (PO 5).
CO7: Critically analyze legislative and regulatory issues including independent practice and restraint of trade, and business and legal requirements for the four advanced practice nursing roles of CNS, CNP, CNM, and CRNA (PO 1, 9).
CO8: Examine the contribution of various interprofessional collaboration resources including the role dimension of consultant for advanced practice nursing (PO 3).
CO9: Evaluate strategies for contract negotiation, CV/resume writing, credentialing, national board certification, hospital privileges, and reimbursement (PO 8).
CO10: Develop visionary leadership skills that combine best evidence with nursing expertise to support quality improvement, safety, and change across healthcare organizations and systems (PO 1, 3, 8, 9).
CO11: Differentiate leadership strategies that strengthen interprofessional collaboration and incorporate an ethic of care, values, and ethical principles into the role of the nurse leader across healthcare organizations and systems (PO 2, 4, 5, 6, 7).
Due Date: Sunday 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 3
Total Points Possible: 150
1. To complete this application, you will need to access to the following databases: CINAHL, MEDLINE, Cochrane Library, and the Joanna Briggs Institute. You may access these databases through the Chamberlain College of Nursing Online Library
2. The APN Leader Interview project will be graded on quality of information, use of citations, use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and overall organization based on the required components as summarized in the directions and grading criteria/rubric.
3. Create your report using Microsoft Word 2007 (a part of Microsoft Office 2007), which is the required format for all Chamberlain College of Nursing documents. You can tell that the document is saved as a MS Word 2007 document because it will end in “.docx”
4. Follow the directions and grading criteria closely. Any questions about this project may be posted under the Q & A forum.
5. The length of the project report is to be no less than 5 and no greater than 6 pages excluding title page and reference pages.
6. APA (2010) format is required with both a title page and reference page. Use the required components of the review as Level 1 headers (upper and lower case, centered):
The post The purpose of this application is to provide the student an opportunity to interview an Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) leader about competencies necessary for APN role development. appeared first on NURSING HOMEWORKS.