Strategic Plan,Strategic Plan
Strategic Plan Summary
Assess the culture of the organization for potential challenges in incorporating the nursing practice intervention. Use this assessment when creating the strategic plan.
Write a 150-250 word strategic plan defining how the nursing practice intervention will be implemented in the capstone project change proposal.
APA style is not required, but solid academic writing is expected.
You are not required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite.
This assignment and the next one is a continuation of the last couple weeks and previous papers.
You will select a Strategic Organizational Goal from the following list that you will use to develop a strategic plan for your proposed health information system:
- Research and education
- Patient Care: Quality improvement
- Patient Care: Sharing data across the system
- Patient Care: Non-acute services
- Financial stability
Before beginning to develop your strategic goal, it is important to understand your objectives. In other words, as you choose your Strategic Goal, keep in mind the overall impact you want this goal to have on your department or the organization as a whole. As an example, if you chose Patient Care: Sharing Data Across the System, you can start by thinking about the expeditiousness of information from the pharmacy back to the care team, and how such interface may impact patient outcome. A good acronym to use to sort through your thought process is PICOT (Population/Problem, Intervention, Comparison, Outcome, and Time); the PICOT approach is spelled out below:
- Population/Patient problem – Who is it that you are trying to provide service for?
- Intervention – What is it you are trying to do? Or, what are you fixing?
- Comparison – Is there a possible alternative to this system? Or, why did I choose this system?
- Outcome – What is the goal here?
- Time – How long will this plan take to be implemented?
The plan for your chosen Strategic Organizational Goal should
- Outline one problem an organization faces related to your selected Strategic Organizational Goal.
- Develop a solution to the problem identified that utilizes your health information system from Week 1.
- Evaluate the essentials steps in creating information governance.
- Articulate the roles and responsibilities of key players in policy, strategies, and challenges.
The Strategic Plan paper
- Must be two to three double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the .
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Studentâ€™s name
- Course name and number
- Instructorâ€™s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least three scholarly or peer-reviewed sources in addition to the course text.
- The table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.