prof lex please
DUE THURSDAY MAY SURE YOU USE IN TEXT CITATIONS IN PARAGRAPH 250-350 WORDS
If you are witness to a medical emergency, should you offer assistance?
To prepare for this Discussion, research the Good Samaritan Law for your state or province. Find another jurisdiction with a different Good Samaritan Law. Consider how the two are divergent.
By Day 4
Post, a comprehensive response to the following:
- What are the fundamental elements of the Good Samaritan Laws for the two jurisdictions you researched?
- How do they differ from one another? Be specific and provide examples?
- Do you think the law is clear and well written? Support your stance with examples.
- Are there any changes that you would like to see made to the law? What are those changes?
Read a selection of your colleagues’ postings.
Note: Initial postings must be 250-350 words (not including references).
Judson, K., & Harrison, C. (2016). Law and ethics for the health professions. (7th ed.). New York: McGraw-Hill.
- Chapter 5, “Professional Liability and Medical Malpractice”Each of us have certain legal responsibilities or liabilities. This chapter introduces the concepts of professional liability in health care and medical malpractice when those responsibilities are breached.
- Chapter 7, “Medical Records and Informed Consent”This chapter examines the role that the doctrine of informed consent plays in the relationship between patients and providers.
- Chapter 8, “Privacy, Security, and Fraud”Few things are more personal than an individual’s medical information. This chapter focuses on privacy and maintaining the proper controls over medical information to protect the patient and the provider.
Medical Law, Ethics, and Bioethics for the Health Professions
- Chapter 4, “State and Federal Regulations”
- Chapter 5, “Professional Liability”
Privacy Law and HIPAA – Dispelling HIPAA Myths http://www.mhhe.com/career/alliedhealth/judson/vidvignettes/chapter07/