The Final Presentation will culminate this weekâ€™s research and incorporate work from the previous five weeks of the course. You will create a screencast (screen recording) of an eight- to 12-slide PowerPoint presentation that will include the points listed below along with components highlighted in your Week 1 assignmentâ€™s proposal and appropriate peer-review feedback from Weeks 2 and 5, as well as your Week 2 through 5 written assignments. You are to create your presentation as though you were presenting the elements to a group for review. Note: You will use a screencasting video creation tool of your choice which will record your voice and the presentation on your computer screen (see the instructions below). If you run into a problem using a screencasting tool, please contact your instructor for alternative instructions.
In your Final Presentation, you should
- Present the needs that were highlighted within your selected case study as it applies to your â€œABC Health Careâ€ organization.
- Propose a risk analysis strategy on how organizational needs were met in accordance with applicable laws and standards.
- Assess the essential components of health care decision making models, emphasizing the system development life cycle (SDLC).
- Determine the impact technology has on cultural factors in health care provisions and decision-making.
- Evaluate the roles and responsibilities of key players in strategic planning and continuous quality improvement.
- Assess enterprise-wide dataâ€™s role in health information governance.
- Compare and contrast the roles of technology and enterprise-wide information as it relates to data governance.
- Summarize best practices and policies as they relate to data governance, information exchange, and technical and structural interoperability.
- Explain the economic impact of your proposed system acquisition.
- Formulate and provide answers to three questions that you feel would be appropriate for the board to ask.
Part 1: Creating the PowerPoint
Your PowerPoint presentation should be eight to 12 slides in length. to the bottom of each slide for ease of narration (as your video script) and to provide accessible content to students with accessibility needs. (See the Final Presentation section below for specific details that need to be included).
Presenting engaging multimedia content also improves learner retention of information. You may wish to include visual enhancements in your presentation. These may include appropriate images, a consistent font, appropriate animations, and transitions from content piece-to-content piece and slide-to-slide. (Images should be cited in APA format as outlined by the Ashford Writing Center guide to . Students may wish to use the guide for assistance with accessing freely available public domain and/or Creative Commons licensed images.) It is recommended that you access Garr Reynolds and , which provide useful assistance with creating successful PowerPoint presentations.
Part 3: Submit your PowerPoint presentation into Waypoint for grading
The Final Presentation
- Must be eight to 12 slides in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the . The presentation must include a screencast of an 8- to 12-minute audio or audiovisual presentation.
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Studentâ€™s name
- Course name and number
- Instructorâ€™s name
- Date submitted
- Must begin with an introductory slide with a succinct .
- Must address the chosen topic with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion slide that reaffirms the thesis.
- Must use at least six scholarly and/or peer- reviewed sources, including a minimum of two from the Ashford University Library.
- The table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document all sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center guide on .
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Review the for further assistance.