Decide what topic you would like to research. The topic must be related to one of the following categories of the NCLEX test plan: Health Promotion and
Maintenance, Community, or Nutrition. 1 point
2. Search the internet for information on the topic. (See sample list of possible topics). Use a reputable search engine, such as CINAHL or Medline, and select
the best article. The article must be from a professional nursing journal, such as the American Journal of Nursing. Just because you found the article with a CINAHL
search, for example, does not mean it is from a nursing journal. The article must be CURRENT within at least 3 years!!! 1 point
3. Obtain approval of the topic/article from your clinical instructor prior to proceeding with the assignment. (Each student will be discussing their article and
findings in post conference, so each person must have a different article). A variety of topics will lend to a broader learning experience.
4. Print a copy of the article to include with your paper. The article must be at least 4-5 pages in length. 1 point
5. Write a short (3-4 paragraphs) summary of topic and findings in the article, along with implications for current nursing practice. THIS MUST BE IN YOUR OWN
WORDS. Plagiarism is against college policy. 1 point
6. Include a bibliography for your article following APA Guidelines. 1 point
7. The due date for this paper will be set by your clinical instructor. 1 point
8. Be prepared to lead a 5 to 10 minute discussion of your article and your analysis during post conference, as scheduled by your primary clinical instructor.
(See sign up sheet).
6 points Satisfactory
5.0 – 4.0 Needs Improvement _________
0.5 – 3.5 Unsatisfactory
The post Decide what topic you would like to research. The topic must be related to one of the following categories of the NCLEX test plan: Health Promotion and Maintenance, Community, or Nutrition. 1 point appeared first on NURSING HOMEWORKS.